Summer started pretty much dead as I was zombiefied by assignments and workloads from my thesis supervisors. Thankfully, thesis submission was much much earlier than the exams. Thus once I submitted my thesis, I felt like a giant cork has been lifted off me air-hole as I once again is able to breath. What's done is done. December descended, bringing me good news telling me that I'm now, a graduate =) However, it also means unemployment =( Been doing a bunch of casual jobs lately, earn some money and to past the time. I worked in an Indian restaurant being the kitchen hand as well as delivering flyers to homes in the suburb I live in.
![]() |
| Cockingtone Green Gardens |
The family came for a visit as well as to attend my long overdue graduation. I started my studies in engineering in 2006, where I attended Inti College Subang Jaya. Initially I thought I'd be working by now with my diploma, but then there was the global financial crisis and poof, before you know I'm on a plane to Canberra. I slugged it out and finally got a way with my degree in 2011. So yea the family came and I really needed it. We went all out travelling around Sydney and Canberra. Mom and Dad definitely needed it after all their hard work raising two rascals. Its sad to see how much they aged over the years, I pray for their health every chance I get. I'll do my best to live my life, like how you lived yours.
After the family left, I've been doing a little soul searching. I had to make a decision, whether to return home or to soldier on onto uncharted territories. I decided to press forward although the destination is uncertain. I've been given that opportunity and now it depends on me. How would I deal with it? What do I have to do to steal second base?
"Progress always involves risks. You can't steal second base and keep your foot on first. "
...// END \\...




3 comments:
keep it up man! it's really good to see gratitudes to our old ones. thanks for the reminder. tend to forget as days passes. congrats on graduation!
Thanks JinTat, and you're welcome lol. Hope you're doing well over there.
Is just 2 years you need to get that 2nd base. I think u made a wise choice, and stay positive in it! =) If you miss home, there is always bridging visa. ;)
Post a Comment