Thursday, 2 February 2012

Summer: The great outdoors

Back in November, the summer air was filled with gusty cool winds and rain like no other summer I've experienced before. Usually by October, the air will be warm and dry and flies are abundant. A handful of them will literally hover around you, just for kicks. On one of my road trips, I saw a postcard that says "The Guide to Australian Wildlife" and the picture was just a bunch of flies...


Despite the cool weather, there were one or two days where the it just heats up. Break out the shorts and flip-flops, cause its a beautiful day. I never really appreciated a beautiful day before, not back home in the motherland. I'd stay indoors, whether at home or in a shopping mall somewhere. Back then I had all the time in the world, but no. Now, after constantly being indoors during the cooler months, you tend to see things in a different light. I was never fond of nature, but now I tend to think otherwise. During my studies, me and a team of students proposed that the future of household in Canberra and possibly around the world will be partially-subterranean structures integrated into Mother Nature. A way to combat the ever increasing global energy demand and to release some tension on the global energy crisis.



A friend and I went on a hike on one of these beautiful days, at a lake bout 10 minutes bus ride from uni. The view was spectacular. There is no place like home, and home is beautiful. Over here, its a whole different kind of beauty.

No comments: