The year is now 2011. Wasn't very graceful entering the year of the Rabbit with me coming down with a flu and feverish. 2010 was a bomb of a year, it just flew by. It was a great year, and no doubt this year will be much better than the last. Its already my final year in my life as an academic, the final frontier.

2010 thought me a lot of things. The most important one is I think, was putting yourself out there away from your comfort zone. Well more like expanding my comfort zone. I've met people, been to places, drank and eaten some stuff that really opened my eyes. Everyone has a sense of curiosity and fulfilling that curiosity is truly a great feeling, good or bad(just laugh it off if it is). Recapping... Recapping (nehh dont bother, its like a year's worth of ****)
Anyway, basketball in 2010 was promising as the number of recruits sky rocket in to the 20's. Captain L laid the foundation for us before he graduated, he was truly a great leader, highly disturbed but a great leader nevertheless. Met up with him shortly after I got back, still highly disturbed. The basketball team now suffer a problem they had never encountered before, and these young-bloods are way too persistent. However, the organisers never fails to disappoint us when they hired sub-qualified referees for the event... bad on you. Nevertheless, ACT put up a good fight. From the depths of sweaty armpits and sore limbs, a great team was born.
2010 showed me that good music is not confined to its language as I was taken away by the Kpop wave. I always had this interest in foreign music but never Kpop, no idea why. It started when I was tuning in to a local(Malaysia) radio show from down under(OZ), Wondergirls was on air... and it was in korean? and it was frequently repeated, who could've blamed them, the song was catchy(..nobody, nobody but you! ). Later on Girls Generation released RunDevilRun and like Pepsiman to Pepsi, I was hooked... and so is the rest of the world.

I decided to rewrite the ending, kinda terpesong a lil from the title... here goes...
Prior to 2010, something happened in my life, and I wondered why. I never knew why but I decided that the fault was mine, and mine alone and no one else. My life was a lie, I was lost, I was weak, so I turned to friends, I even turned to religion, I turned to the chances life threw at me. I turned my life around. I found people, I found music, I found laughter and happiness, I found pain, I found strength, I found myself. Where one can be lost in the world, one also can be found, and what a great find it was in 2010.
My only resolution for 2011 is that I get some decent house mates. Dat iz all... maybe some new kicks, some money, a part time job maybe? nvm...
Congratulations to Danny for becoming a dad
...to all you lovers out there, keep doing your thang, to the haters, peace y'all!
E . N . D


No comments:
Post a Comment