Saturday, 9 February 2008

gong xi fa cai

Day 1. At 7.00 pm, I began my CNY celebration by packing the essentials. Around 11.30pm, I set off for my hometown in Bentong, Pahang. I managed to survive my dad's driving and reached Bentong at about 1.30am. After having supper with my uncle, we head to my grandma's house. After unpacking, we turn in for the night.

day 2: family dinner

Day 2. Woke up today with the noises barking dogs and screaming roosters. Mom and dad went out early to the market to buy breakfast and ingredients for lunch. On the menu was steam chicken, roast duck, char siu, prawns, mushroom and a tiny bit of vegetables...( FRESH_MEAT!) Had to do some studying cause of tests next week...bummer...and one of my uncle's female dogs, Si kuning, gave birth to 6 pups...great here goes the neighbourhood...

hmm...whats better than 4 dogs waking you up in the morning? 4 dogs + (soon to be 6...)

For dinner we went to a hotel in Bentong. The food was pretty good. Had a really big fish and a ton of vegetables, opposite of lunch. I think I gained few pounds in under 1 day. Later, ManU(cousin) won 3 games out of 5 with Real Madrid(me) on the ps2...damn I sux'ed. At 1.30am we finally hit the sack.

booze anyone?

Day 3. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Early morning woke up and changed in to my new year's clothes. The lil red packets start flowing in. Mom made breakfast (big breakfast) In the afternoon I went to my other grandma's house for lunch (big lunch)...haih can say I eat more than I receive ang pao. Haih... there goes my diet. Played few round of cards during my visits. Win some lose some.

one of my rounds of Black Jack

Day 4. Went breakfast with my relatives played some more cards and after lunch we head for home. so the basic routine were, wake up, eat, tv, mahjong, eat, cards, eat, talk, eat, hang, eat, chill, eat, sleep....and some lil red packets in between.

everybody eat eat eat...
Happy Chinese New Year to all!!!

No comments: